Saturday, June 1, 2013

MIA but not AWOL

I have been offline for a while with my blog and business but I have not been idle. I have lived and breathed homeschool getting our kids finished up for the year and boy does it feel good to be done!!! That being said, I decided to start off this summer with a bang and we are all walking/running in a 3 mile event this morning, which I am actually a sponsor in with my business! My brother Stephen created an event and he needed things to give out to everyone that participates. Well, I kept having ideas of things made of metal that were personalized after I got an awesome personalized necklace for Mother's Day. SO, what do I do? I decided to try my hand at metal stamping! It went ok at first and I definitely got better as I went along. I made 130 metal stamped necklaces to give out! That is a LOT more work than I thought it was going to be. Some did not turn out as awesome as others but they all look pretty good for something free. I also either put my card stapled to it or a sticker with my logo and business name on it. I had some help from my kiddos and they had a lot of fun afterward with the extras making up things of their own. Overall a success? Yes! Will I be doing a lot of metal stamping from now on? Probably not. I will offer it as an option in my store because I think the idea is awesome but there is a lot of other people out there who offer so much more variety and options that I can offer. Here's some shots from the venture...





My proud little happy helper! :)

My husband Allen is also donating 2 shaker cups with packets of shakeology from his business so we are anxious to network with local people!

No comments:

Post a Comment