Friday, January 20, 2017

A little at a time

I have begun refreshing my website and starting to give my site a makeover. I am still not very happy with the lack of flexibility with the weebly site builder but it gives me something quick and temporary to work with until I am able to create my own from scratch that I really like. I made a temporary one in my web development class this past fall at Virginia Western and I really liked the way it turned out. Unfortunately, I did not make it completely able to transfer onto the web so it is still being developed. Until that point that I am able to get it uploaded and live, I will have to be happy using a pre-made site. It could be worse! I could have no idea whatsoever about designing a website. The next few weeks will be spent designing, creating, refreshing, re-vamping and re-configuring. Little by little it should be done sometime in the near future, so keep your eyes peeled!

On a separate note, our family went to the Down Syndrome support group get together tonight. It was so nice to be able to spend time with mothers and fathers of other children with Down Syndrome who can offer support and understanding. It always leaves me feeling good. Tonight we discussed ways we can help raise money for our support group so we are able to do other things and perhaps be able to help with costs. An idea for next year is to work this year to create a calendar to sell in order to raise some money. I think the idea would be wonderful and I know that I would love for Benjamin to be included on the calendar pages, representing children with Down Syndrome. He is super adorable and just looking at him makes me smile.

1 comment:

  1. I'll happily join you on your web design and development journey. I've found myself digging deeper into web development at work these days. I'm getting pretty involved in building more complex SharePoint sites, and now (just recently) automating business processes (online and in SharePoint) with Nintex Workflows.

    I took a handful of web design classes at VWCC too. My favorite was learning PHP, which I expect I'll get back into shortly. Just last night, in fact, I found some really great apps that help you learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP and more.

    Each language is its own app, which I don't particularly care for, but they're free and social. You can interact with other people taking the same course(s). The apps were developed by SoloLearn: https://www.sololearn.com/.

    By the way, how does Bloglovin work? You mentioned Weebly, which I'm very familiar with (or used to be), but this blog looks like it's hosted with Blogger.

    ReplyDelete