Monday, January 4, 2016

Homemade Playdoh Recipe

I don't know about your children, but I know mine believe that mixed play dough is the only kind we should have. I really do not like when the colors get mixed. Lately the play dough we have is all mushed between a couple containers and there is hardly any of the same color visible in each blob. I decided it is time to refresh our play dough! I have a recipe for play dough from my Aunt and I love it! It works great and takes about 5 minutes to cook and then another few minutes to color. Of course you can add the color while cooking it and get it done quick but I like to make more than one color at a time and so I usually do a double batch and then divide and color it once it is done. Here's what you need to make homemade play dough.

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 Tablespoon oil
1 cup water
food coloring
saucepan
wooden spoon/strong spatula


No comments:

Post a Comment